There is something so satisfying about fluffy foods. This mousse is no different! Sweet, decadent, and enjoyable, you can eat this Mousse on its own by the spoonful or use it as a dessert topping or cake filling. We try to cut corners where it makes sense. This recipe is as delicious as it is easy to make. No need to bother getting out that giant stand mixer or tiring out your biceps trying to hand whip some heavy cream. We grabbed a tub of sugar-free whipped topping from the freezer aisle to achieve that light and airy texture without the hassle, it worked perfectly! We could barely tell it was the healthier variation of its sugar filled cousin. Carefully folding in all of the ingredients left us with a big bowl of irresistible deliciousness. It was all we could do to not dip our fingers into the bowl the way we did as children preparing desserts with mom! We used strawberries for this recipe, but you can always substitute it for your favorite fruit puree. Just make sure it is flavor packed, like a seasonal berry.
Share this on a cozy night in curled up on the couch, enjoy it in the backyard as you watch the sunset, or take it to a gathering so your friends can enjoy a low calorie treat as well!
For the puree, we made ours quick and easy in the kitchen so that we could better control the sugar content of this ingredient as well as the smoothness of the puree. You can purchase yours premade but be sure to take the extra time to look at the nutrition label to see how much sugar, carbs, and calories you will be adding to your dessert!
- 1 (1oz) pack of sugar free instant white chocolate pudding
- 1 ½ cups of your choice of milk skim/almond/coconut milk
- 1 cup of strawberries, pureed
- 1 packet of Stevia
- 1 ½ cup sugar-free whipped topping
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries
- Gently fold the instant pudding mix, milk, strawberry puree, stevia, and whipped topping together in medium sized bowl.
- Layer the mouse with chopped strawberries and chill for 2 hours before serving.