Flats or drums? Or perhaps you belong to controversial group of boneless wing lovers? Whichever way you lean, we’ve got you covered with tasty chicken wings. Each 4 oz serving of chicken comes packed with 8g of protein in the crust alone! What is this magical crust that provides a satisfying protein crunch? We’re glad you asked. SuperSeedz Pumpkin Seeds provides bariatric patients and keto dieters alike something delicious to enjoy between meals or to jazz up the meals they’re going to eat! We took it a step further by blending up their Somewhat Spicy Pumpkin Seeds to amplify the crunch from the air fryer! We threw in some cayenne pepper to bring out the somewhat spiciness from the pumpkin seeds and the end result was nothing short of finger licking good! You can use your food processor or blender to get the seeds to a good size for encrusting the chicken. Add in the seasoning to fully incorporate the two ingredients for a seamless crust! An ideal homemade alternative to frozen chicken nuggets, we’re confident this will become a favorite, even for the youngest in the house!
After you have finished prep and are ready to place in your preheated air fryer, take your time and cook in batches! Placing the chicken too close together to where they touch will leave some soggy bits on your wings, and nobody wants that! An all-around crust is what we’re aiming for. Once they’re golden crispy, remove from the air fryer and serve with your favorite veggie (pickles totally count!) and enjoy!
• 6 skinless chicken wings
• 2 servings Somewhat Spicy SuperSeedz, ground
• ½ tbsp baking powder
• 1 egg, beaten
• Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Set up a dredging station using two shallow bowls. In the first bowl, mix together the SuperSeedz and seasoning. Beat the eggs in the second bowl.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360ºF and lightly spray the basket with nonstick spray.
- Coat the chicken first in the egg and allow excess to drip off. Then coat in the SuperSeedz mixture until you have done so with each chicken wing. Feel free to press the dry mix into the chicken to ensure it sticks.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket for 6 minutes, take out and turn the wings, cook for 6 more minutes, take out and flip wings then cook for 6 more minutes, finally Increase the temperate for 400 and put the wings back In for 4 more minutes.
If you are looking to purchase an air fryer, here are links to the brand we use.