Pizza Bites Using Genepro Unflavored Protein Powder
Ordering pizza on a Friday night was a favorite way to wind down after a long week. Maybe include five episodes of a Netflix show and the night was set. However, for people who are recovering from bariatric surgery, you’re probably still thinking about the last time you enjoyed having pizza. Well, now you can enjoy the same taste with zero regrets!
When you think of healthy food, you’re probably not going to think of pizza as being low carb or gluten-free…that is until now. These mini pizza bites are low in carbs and completely gluten-free! These bite-sized minis are a treat, everyone, at every age, will enjoy eating. Taking about the same amount of time as baking a homemade pizza but less time than ordering out, these pizza bites are insanely delicious and a must-try no matter the occasion. After trying these addicting finger foods, we have decided that this hits that pizza craving, without spiraling out of control.
Made with simple ingredients and with a little bit of GenePro these pizza bites have about 6 grams of protein in each. GenePro is a great unflavored protein mix that is completely micronized so it blends very well. From coconut power balls to these delicious pizza bites, GenePro is a must-have in your kitchen pantry.
The perfect finger food exists and thankfully for us, we’ve tweaked this recipe to make it healthy and special for post-op bariatric patients. You’ll be happy you made them and feel proud to serve them!
Originally this recipe called for arrowroot powder however, with protein in mind, we substituted the arrowroot for almond flour and could barely taste a difference.
Please note that we always recommend our WLS Afterlife viewers follow their doctor’s dietary guidelines, regardless of our recipe instructions. If we listed an ingredient you were told to avoid, write to us so we may provide you with plenty of other tasty alternatives.
- 1 cup of almond flour (coconut or other low carb flour)
- 1 scoop of GenePro
- 1 tbsp pizza seasoning
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced turkey pepperoni
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a mini muffin pan or line with a paper liner
- In a large bowl put the almond flour, GenePro protein powder, pizza seasoning, baking powder, garlic powder and salt in
- Mix in the eggs, butter and almond milk until they are well combined
- Next, stir in the cheese and pepperoni
- Fill the muffin cups about ¾ full (you’ll have leftover batter and will need to do a second batch)
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the pizza mini muffin tops are golden brown and firm to the touch
- Leave to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool off completely
- Repeat for second batch
Thanks, and happy cooking!