Do you smell that? It’s the smell of coconut flakes filling your home with a sweet aroma. One bite of this and your taste buds will thank you for taking them on a tropical vacation. (Emoji’s coconut, palm tree) Better yet, not only do the coconut flakes make for a healthy breading substitute, but they also add a sweetness to the chicken that’s heightened with a pineapple garnish. Make it a full meal by incorporating a fresh salad or some roasted veggies!
With the air-fryer being so quick and easy to use, this is a meal that is perfect for busy weekdays. It’s a recipe that allows you to go on vacation at any time!
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 3 cups of sweetened coconut flakes
• 3 to 4 medium boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into strips or nuggets
- In the first bowl, mix coconut flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, add 3 eggs and lightly beat.
- In a third bowl, add coconut flakes and prepare station for breading.
- Take chicken pieces (which we marinated in pineapple juice and soy sauce for added flavor) and cover them with the coconut flour mixture followed by the egg. Afterwards, dip the pieces in the coconut flakes and set them aside on a separate platter. Repeat until you have breaded all the chicken.
- Preheat the air-fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Place chicken nuggets in a single layer and cook for 4 minutes.
- After the timer goes off, open the air-fryer basket and flip all the pieces onto their other side. Air-fry for another 4 minutes.
- Plate the chicken and garnish with pineapple chunks.