We know the WLS Afterlife community is full of people with busy schedules. So, we do our best to provide quick and easy recipes that everyone can enjoy! This juicy Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin is no different! Just 5 minutes of prep time (or longer if you choose to marinate, which we recommend), and about 20 minutes of hands-off cooking will leave you with a tasty meal to serve up!
Our first run with this recipe, we left the spice rub on the tenderloin for just 5 minutes. We later discovered that the thickness of the cut made it difficult for the flavors to seep into the tenderloin. Try rubbing the spices onto the tenderloin once you finish work and let sit, then once you are ready to prepare dinner, all you have to do is throw it into the air fryer! Little to no supervision is needed during this stage, which allows the multitaskers among us to do what they do best!
For our friends without an air fryer, don’t worry. We haven’t forgotten about you! Instead of preheating an air fryer, preheat your oven to 400ºF (same as the original recipe). Line a baking sheet with foil to catch all of the yummy juices that escape during the roasting process. Simply place your tenderloin onto the baking sheet once the oven is ready and then cook for 18-20 minutes (The internal temperature should be about 145ºF). Allow the tenderloin to rest for 5 minutes before slicing for a tasty, oven-made meal ready in no time!
Once that satisfying sound of prepared food dings and the air fryer turns off, be sure to transfer the tenderloin to a cutting board and let sit for a bit. The end result? Juicy and tender pork tenderloin with a smokey flavor (thanks to the aromatic smoked paprika)! We recommend pairing this meal with sweet potatoes, broccoli, or your favorite veggie! With 4-6 servings, we are confident your household will have no complaints when this is on the menu! We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- Pork tenderloin (1.25 lbs – 1.75 lbs)
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder (optional)
- ½ tbs olive oil
- Mix all the dry ingredients and mustard in a bowl.
- Trim the pork tenderloin of any excess fat, and coat with ½ tbsp of olive oil. Rub the spice mixture on the entire pork tenderloin.
- Preheat air fryer to 400ºF. (If you don’t have an air fryer, preheat your oven to 400ºF)
- Once air fryer (or oven) reaches temp, place the pork tenderloin into the air fryer and let fry for 20-22 minutes (18-20 minutes for the oven). Internal temp should be about 145º-160ºF.
- Carefully remove pork tenderloin to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing so that it stays juicy and tender.
- Save any juices left in the fryer to serve over the sliced meat and enjoy!