Likely one of the best inventions of the new millennia, the air fryer has become a staple in any health-conscious cook’s kitchen. So, we put the air fryer to good use with this meatball recipe! Super easy to prepare, get your kids involved in the preparation to pass on good eating habits that they can carry in adulthood! Plus, what’s more fun to a grade school kid than rolling squishy meat into balls? If you think of something, let us know! And with little hands helping you to prepare this recipe, you will have a meal on the table in no time! Move over Rachel Ray – we’ve got a 30-minute meal here, AND it’s bariatric friendly!
We loved the bold flavor that came from combining both ground beef and pork. Into one meatball mixture! The Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and feta help deepen the flavor in this delectably meaty meal! We recommend pairing this meal with a side of green beans so that you can also get your helping of vegetables for even more nutrition! A bariatric portion would consist of 2-3 meatballs, 2 if you are also eating your side of vegetables with it. We love how meatballs go with almost any side, be it mashed potatoes, pasta, garlic bread, broccoli…. I could go on! Turn your home into Chopped kitchen and see what tasty sides you can whip up for your family to go with this flavorful and pleasantly crunchy meal!
After letting the meatballs crisp up in the air fryer, we were pleased to reveal a basket full gorgeously crispy and brown meatballs that we couldn’t wait to remove and pop in our mouths! Cutting into the meatballs after removing it from the air fryer, satisfying steam rolled out, leaving it nearly impossible for us to not drool on our plates! We are very excited to share this delicious recipe with you, and sincerely hope you enjoy as much as we did!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a mini food processor, add the onion, garlic cloves, and parsley. Pulse until finely chopped and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place ground beef, ground pork, onion mixture, eggs, feta cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Knead together the ingredients until evenly combined.
- Grab 2 tbsp of the meat mixture and roll into a ball, repeat until you have used all the meat.
- Place meatballs in the air fryer basket in a single layer to ensure a crispy layer all over. Place basket inside air fryer and cook at 400ºF for 10-12 minutes, or until internal temperature of the meatballs reach 165ºF.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you are looking to purchase an air fryer, here are links to the brand we use.