Whether you are sitting at work, studying for an exam or finishing a workout, these coconut protein balls are the perfect snack time companion. High in omega-3 fats for cardiovascular health, lignans for antioxidants, and dietary fiber for digestive health, flaxseeds are an excellent seed to keep on hand, and go even better inside these protein balls! If you find yourself struggling to incorporate these in your diet, we recommend purchasing ground flax seeds so that your body can digest them more easily, and also for compatibility in your smoothies and yogurts! Flaxseeds have little to no flavor, so you won’t have to worry about them altering your favorite Greek yogurt cup! For our texture fanatics, raw almonds add a satisfying crunch that complement that ooey-gooeyness of the dates! They also offer a healthy amount fiber, protein, antioxidants and vitamin E, which helps lower the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and cancer!
We recommend keeping this recipe on hand for when you are feeling snacky. It is low in calories, but just sweet enough to satisfy our friends with a sweet tooth! We love doing our part to sneak in protein whenever possible, so we figured it couldn’t hurt to add some of our chocolate protein powder that we had on hand. And sure enough, biting into the protein balls revealed a welcome chocolatey taste that paired well with the coconut!
If you find yourself having a hard time making the mixture roll into balls, try adding a small pinch of coconut oil as a binding agent. But do not use too much! The name of the game is to keep our calorie count down! After rolling the mixture into tablespoon-size balls, enjoy 1-2 as a snack and refrigerate the rest for convenient snacks throughout the week that are sure to help you stay within your daily calorie count!
- A Food Processor is needed for this recipe)
- 1 cup Raw Almonds
- 1tbs Chocolate Protein Powder
- Unsweet Coconut
- Cocoa Powder
- Flax Seeds
- Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt
- Add Almonds and 1 teaspoon of chocolate protein powder into a food processor and pulse until almonds are chopped into small pieces.
- Add dates, remaining protein powder, unsweet coconut, cocoa powder, flax seeds, vanilla extract, sea salt to almond mixture in food processor and blend thoroughly.
- Move mixture from food processor to a small bowl.
- Remove a tablespoon scoop of the mixture and roll into a ball until smooth. Continue this step to make the desire number of protein balls.
- Coat or roll protein ball into remaining coconut.
- Serve or refrigerate for later consumption.