Coconut Protein Bites using Genepro Unflavored Protein Powder
If you’re looking for a quick recipe that will give you the perfect boost of energy after a long afternoon or even just to make it through the rest of your day then you have got to try these coconut power balls. Although they are presented temptingly, do not be fooled, these bite-sized snacks are completely gluten-free and require no baking, they are a win-win all around. We all know the feeling of that afternoon crash too well. This recipe is bound to fight off your groggy mood and give you a natural boost of energy. The source of that natural energy? Coconut! Coconut has healthy fats your body and brain can quickly use as energy. What better way to treat yourself and your body during these long days.
After making this recipe twice in one week, we are starting to realize that we are obsessed with these energy balls. The light snap of the coconut chip complements the cake-pop-like dessert and completely satisfies the sweet tooth cravings. What we love most about these bite-size snacks is they are very customizable so you can test out your culinary skills by substituting some of the ingredients for flavor and texture. We spent the week tweaking and substituting different ingredients for both taste and texture. Maybe you aren’t a fan of the coconut chips topping, that’s okay! You can top it off with your favorite nut or unsweetened granola. If you’re aiming for a higher protein reach, we would recommend substituting the coconut chips for unsalted almonds which will also give a nice crunch.
Although they are small, these bite-size treats are filled with protein because they’re made with GenePro unflavored protein. It’s the perfect choice for those in the recovery process from weight loss surgery. GenePro is a personal ingredient favorite because it’s unflavored protein, low in calories, and micronized so it blends perfectly with any snack or meal you whip up. From veggie burgers to soups and coffee on the go, the possibilities are endless with GenePro.
From start to finish, these high-energy coconut power balls require zero baking time. With only 7 ingredients needed, you save less time in the kitchen and more time treating yourself.
Please note that we always recommend our WLS Afterlife viewers to follow their doctor’s dietary guidelines, regardless of our recipe instructions. If we listed an ingredient you were told to avoid, write to us so we may provide you with plenty other tasty alternatives.
Thanks, and happy cooking!
- 1 ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup stevia
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- Unsweetened coconut chips
- Mix all the ingredients (minus coconut chips) in the food processor or by hand
- Process for 10 seconds before scraping down the sides and processing for an additional 10 seconds.
- In a smaller bowl, pour the unflavored coconut chips (or your desired topping)
- Roll mixed ingredients into large marble sized balls
- Place each roll in your smaller topping bowl so that your coconut chips begin to stick
- Once the balls are covered in coconut chips, place them on a separate plate
- Refrigerate them in the fridge for at least an hour and then keep them in the fridge until you’re ready for a snack