Tired of the same old song and dance when it comes to your daily protein shake? We set out to find several new powders, add-ins and more to keep your taste buds engaged, excited, and awake!
The perfect way to start the day, and this video, is with the Hazelnut Mocha protein shake! To make sure your shake stays nice and frozen, be sure to cool down your coffee before adding it to your blender! We went ahead and added our chocolate protein powder to make it nice and full of mocha goodness! If you want the hazelnut to be the central flavor, feel free to substitute the chocolate protein powder with vanilla, or whichever protein powder you have on hand that you enjoy best with the hazelnut syrup and coffee! Keeping the recipe as-is, we found that the Nescafé packet accentuated the mocha flavor in this protein shake for the perfect breakfast companion! Save your money and some calories as well by making this your new morning must-have instead of the sugar-heavy Frappuccino at the coffee shop!
If you are not in the mood for a frosty hazelnut mocha shake, then try our other protein shake combinations! As bariatric patients, you’d be hard-pressed to find a bariatric kitchen without at least some crystal light packets lying around, waiting to be added to a chilled bottle or glass of water for a kick of fruity flavor. But, have you thought to add it to your blender bottle? If not, now is the perfect time to try! Keeping everything the same except for the coffee, Nescafé packet, and hazelnut syrup, substitute in half of a Crystal Light packet for a Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie! This combination was a confirmed two thumbs up option from everyone who taste-tested! If you don’t have Crystal Light packets in your kitchen cupboards, substitute in either Peanut Butter Powder or MiO Energy for a healthy take on a Reese’s Protein shake or Chocolate Cherry smoothie! Mix it up and enjoy!
- (A blender is needed for this recipe)
- 5-10 Ice Cubes
- 1 cup of Coffee
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 tsp Nescafe’ Chocolate Packet
- 1/4 cup Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Suger-Free Hazelnut Syrup
- Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie
- 1/2 Packet of Crystal Light: Wild Strawberry
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie
- 2 Tbsp of Peanut Butter Powder
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- MiO Energy: Black Cherry (to taste)
- Add ice cubes, coffee, milk, nescafe’ powder, protein powder, and hazelnut syrup into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add alternative ingredients if desired and blend into mixture.
- Pour into single-serve cup or bottle; refrigerate remaining mixture for later enjoyment.