Have you ever had a pokē bowl? Or maybe you’re a sushi afficionado? We think our fishy friends and even those dipping their toes into seafood will love our newest concoction. Our first taste test gave us the impression of a low carb, deconstructed sushi roll! Whether or not you are into that, we are certain you will adore this Crabbed-Stuffed Avocado dish!Full of healthy fats that benefit your hair, skin and nails, avocadoes are a superfood that deserve to be a regular in your diet! Along with the healthy fat content, avocadoes are also very low carb, perfect for our keto friends! With 14 grams of protein per serving, this dish will leave you full and satisfied for hours to come! Want a little crunch to go with this light and summery dish? Try grabbing a pinch of crushed wonton chips and sprinkling them on top for a complementary flavor! We also drizzled a bit of sriracha on top to give it both a welcome kick and a gorgeous color contrast. Nothing beats a pretty lunch, and after all, we do eat with our eyes first! Or maybe you’re a food blogger and you let your camera eat first. If that’s the case, take a pic of your Crab-Stuffed Avocado and tag us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter so we can see your tasty creation! Who knows? You might get a shoutout on our social media!
If you are not the food blogger type, we hope you enjoy this light yet satisfying meal, nonetheless. There is a whole world of avocado recipes to explore! We think this dish is a great place to start. Tell us what you think, share your modifications, or send in pics on any of our socials! We can’t wait to see what you all whip up!
- ¼ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tbsp fresh lime juice divided
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- 6 oz canned crab meat, preferably lump crab meat
- 1 ripe California avocado, halved and pitted
- Lime wedges for serving
- Dash hot sauce or sriracha (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, 3 tbsp lime juice, onions, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper. Gently fold in the crabmeat. Adjust your seasonings to taste!
2. Brush the avocado halves with remaining lime juice to prevent browning
3. Place avocado halves, cut side up, on plates. Mound the crab salad into each avocado half. Serve with lime wedges and a drizzle hot sauce, if desired.