Did someone say “fajitas”?Yes, we did, and yes, you can enjoy fajitas after weight loss surgery!
This is our favorite chicken fajita recipe. With tasty hints of cilantro and lime, it’s sure to please!
Our version doesn’t have the tortilla, but if you can’t go without, we definitely recommend Folio’s Cheese Wrap as a low-carb substitute!
This dish is great for dinner and stores well as leftovers. For those who like it hot, feel free to throw in some spicy peppers and salsa for garnish!Enjoy!(And trust us, you don’t have to wait until Fajita Friday!)
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cumin
¼ cup lime juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 package of chicken tenderloins- trimmed
¼ cup cilantro
2 medium bell peppers (your choice of colors)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix your marinade items together and coat your chicken tenders. Set aside for 30 minutes or longer.
- Cut off the tops of your peppers and remove all of the seeds. Slice your peppers into thin strips.
- Cut off the top ½ inch of the onion, remove any papery layers and then slice into thin strips.
- Heat the 2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the peppers, onions and cilantro. Cook for 3-4 minutes until they are tender.
- Add your marinated chicken to the skillet and cook each side for 2-3 minutes. Make sure chicken in no longer pink.
- Add your onions, pepper and cilantro back into the skillet and gently stir together. If you like a little spice, add some jalapenos.
- Serve with sliced avocados, green onions, pico de gallo or black beans.
- Keep it bariatric friendly by remembering your portion sizes and not using a flour or corn tortilla.