You will want to get the big pot out for this one! For the times when you are in the mood for something a bit heartier but still full of nutrition that won’t leave you feeling like a busted can of biscuits, we have the perfectly flavorful dish for you! Chicken and 3 Bean Chili – we’re drooling just thinking about it! With 10 servings, you and your family will get to enjoy this recipe time and again! And truth be told, it only gets better with time! This dish reheats perfectly and having it as leftovers actually helps the seasonings to meld with the meat and settle a bit longer for an even deeper, richer flavor profile even the pickiest of foodies will enjoy!
If you have never enjoyed chili that has a sweet undertone, we recommend you start with this one! Rather than using calorie-rich sugar or honey, we grabbed our handy sugar substitute (use whichever you prefer) to lightly sweeten the flavors in the pot for a dish you cannot wait to get back to! We decided to use fire roasted tomatoes and chili powder for a bolder flavor that is well associated with the best of chilis. Save this recipe for the next time you are invited to a chili cook off, or for the next time you want a one-pot dish that is easy to make and does not skimp on the flavor!
For those who might not like tomato chunks in their chili, you can always blend them before adding them to the pot, that way you do not miss out on this key ingredient. If you prefer a thicker chili, separate about ½ of a can of the beans and blend them. Adding the beans back into the pot works as a perfect thickening agent without adding the calories of flour or heavy cream, other ingredients often used to thicken sauces and soups. The more you make the recipe, the closer you get to your perfect combination! How fun is cooking? Not as fun as eating this dish we hope! Enjoy!
- Serving: 10
- Calories: 254
- Carbs: 27g
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 2g
- 1/2 cup of chopped White Onion
- 2lb of ground Chicken
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 4oz of Green Chilis
- 30oz Tri Bean Blend (two 15oz can)
- 29oz Fire Roasted Tomatoes (two 14.5oz cans)
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sugar Substitute
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Cilantro
- 1/2 Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar
- Place ground chicken, garlic powder, and chopped white onion into a soup pot, mix gently, and cook until chicken color transitions from pink to white.
- Lower heat and drain liquid from the pot, keeping the chicken and onion in the pot.
- Add the green chilis, drained tri-bean blend, fire roasted tomatoes, sugar substitute, chili powder, white vinegar, yellow mustard, cumin, and salt and stir until equally combined.
- Allow mixture to come to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat or set to low and prepare to serve.
- Scoop a cup of the Chicken and 3 Bean Chili into a serving bowl. Add shredded cheese as desired and add chopped cilantro to taste or garnish.